Visit Audubon Aquarium of the Americas
Audubon Aquarium of the Americas is located in Downtown New Orleans where Canal Street meets the Mississippi River.
Visiting from out of town? Consider our hotel partners.
Directions from the West
From Interstate 10 East, exit at Poydras Street (#234B). Continue on Poydras approximately 1 mile. Turn left on S. Peters Street. Turn right on Canal Street. The Aquarium and Theater are located at the foot of Canal Street at the Mississippi River.
Directions from the East
From Interstate 10 West, exit at Canal/Superdome (#235B) turning right onto Canal. The Aquarium and Theater are located at the foot of Canal Street at the Mississippi River.
- Parking discounts are subject to change without notice and are often not applicable during major holidays, Carnival season, festivals and major sporting events.
- Self-parking is $5 off at the Badine Parking Lot and Canal Place Parking Garage.
- At the Hilton New Orleans Riverside Whale Wall Lot, self-parking rates for up to 6 hours is $7 off of the posted price. For time exceeding 6 hours or a parking rate exceeding $18, regular rates will apply. This special does not apply to any other Hilton lots.
- Parking tickets must be validated at the Aquarium, Theater or Butterfly Garden and Insectarium to receive the parking discount.
Street addresses of the participating parking lots:
Not all Premium Parking locations are included in the discounted parking program.
- Canal Place Parking Garage
100 Rue Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70130
- Badine Parking Lot
111 Rue Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70130
- Hilton Whale Wall Lot
728 Convention Center Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70130
Printable Directions and Parking Information
Metered parking is available. Please read the posted signs carefully as parking rules vary throughout the city.
Walking and using public transportation has an incredible impact on the environment. Simple changes to our daily routines can change the future of the planet. Consider public transportation for your next trip to the Aquarium.
Audubon Aquarium of the Americas can be accessed by the Riverfront Streetcar Line or the Canal Street Streetcar line. Read more about Streetcar pricing, schedules and stops.
The Aquarium can be accessed by the 5:Marigny-Bywater line. Many bus routes have stops on Canal Street, which provide riders with access within walking distance to the Aquarium. Read more about RTA bus routes, pricing and schedules.
The Aquarium can be accessed by both the Algiers and Gretna Ferries. The Algiers and Gretna Ferries offer riders a quick trip to the Canal Street Ferry Terminal at the foot of Canal Street. Read more about Ferry pricing and schedules.
From the Airport
The Airport-Downtown Express (E-2) provides service from the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport in Kenner to Downtown New Orleans. The E-2 stops at Carrollton and Tulane Avenues where it connects with the RTA's 39:Tulane bus. From there, Aquarium guests can board the Canal Street Streetcar line to Downtown New Orleans. Read more about RTA bus routes, pricing and schedules.
Taxi Cab Service
Liberty Bell Cab: (504) 821-8222
New Orleans Carriage Cabs: (504) 207-7777
United Cabs: (504) 522-9771