Tue - Sun | 10am - 5pm
Tip for Your Aquarium Trip
Reach out and touch a stingray in the Stingray Touch Pool!
Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips For Your Trip
Best Times to Visit
- For the best experience, visit during the Aquarium's least frequented times—weekday afternoons.
- From March to May, schedule your visit in the early part of the week after 2:30 pm to avoid the bulk of school group visitation.
- During the summer, start your visit after 3 pm to avoid camp groups and busy general admission lines.
- Visit during the fall/winter months (September through January) when our facility is the least crowded and you can casually take in our exhibits at your own pace.
- Holidays, special events and weekends are our busiest days. On weekdays you may call our hotline at (504) 581-4629 or on weekends call (504) 378-2552 prior to your visit to see if we are expecting/experiencing crowds on the day you would like to visit.
- The museum is handicapped accessible.
- Strollers are allowed in the Aquarium. Rented strollers are also available for $10 with $5 refunded upon return.
- A limited number of wheelchairs are available for complimentary use.
- Photography (including flash) is permitted in the Aquarium.
- Audubon Aquarium of the Americas is a "smoke-free" facility. For the safety and health of all patrons, our staff and the animals in our stewardship, smoking is only permitted outside of the Aquarium.
- Entergy Giant Screen Theater will be closed from September 8 until October 15, 2015 as we work to upgrade our theater for an enhanced film experience.
Information above is subject to change.
Audubon Aquarium of the Americas entrance is located at 1 Canal Street facing the Mississippi River. The Aquarium entrance is handicap accessible.
Restrooms are located in the Aquarium lobby near the Information Booth on the first floor and between the Frogs and Sea Otter exhibits on the second floor.
The Information Booth is located in the Aquarium lobby where exhibit maps, daily schedules and facility information is available. Wheelchairs may be obtained, free of charge, with the deposit of photo identification at the Information Booth in the Aquarium lobby. Wheelchairs are available in limited numbers, on a first-come, first-serve basis inside of the Aquarium. Strollers are not available for use at the Aquarium. Guests are advised to bring their personal strollers for use at the Aquarium.
Wheelchair and Stroller Routes
Elevators are available to assist visitors in easily maneuvering the Aquarium. Small strollers are best for navigating the Aquarium. View the Aquarium map for additional details.
Guests with disabilities are permitted to bring service animals to all areas of Audubon facilities where guests are normally allowed—with the exception of Watoto Walk (contact yard) and Audubon Aviary at the Zoo and Parakeet Pointe at the Aquarium. Animals exhibiting signs of ill health or aggressive or erratic behavior will not be allowed. In the event that a guest’s service animal is denied admittance, other assistance will be provided upon request. Animals whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support (ESA), therapy animals or animals that provide a service to others not present (dogs in-training) do not qualify as “service animals” under the ADA and are not allowed in Audubon facilities. Pets are also not admitted in Audubon facilities. Pets, ESA and other service animals are allowed in Audubon's public parks.
Audubon Aquarium is full of engaging activities for the whole family. View our calendar of events to learn more about what is going on at the Aquarium.
Maps are also available in the lobby when you arrive!
Aquarium Visitor Info
Tue - Sun | 10am - 5pm
Our best value! Visit Audubon Zoo, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, Entergy Giant Screen Theater and Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium for one low price. The Audubon Experience package includes one visit to each facility. Audubon Experience packages are valid for 30 consecutive days starting with your first visit. The Theater ticket is valid for one movie on first-come, first-served availability. Tickets may be purchased in advance and used the day of your visit.
$24.95 Adult Admission
$18.95 Child (2 -12) Admission
$18.95 Senior (65+) Admission
Free for Audubon Members
Go behind the scenes at Audubon Aquarium of the Americas for an up-close encounter with an endangered African penguin. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for an intimate, hands-on experience with a penguin in Audubon’s private penguin encounter. Advance tickets recommended. Read More.
$31.95 Adult Admission
$24.95 Child (2 -12) Admission
$24.95 Senior (65+) Admission
The Entergy Giant Screen Theater ticket is valid for one movie on first-come, first-served availability. Tickets may be purchased in advance and used the day of your visit.
Discounted admission for youth groups of 10 or more and group lunches for 20 or more. Exciting, educational and entertaining trips at economical rates are available with advance reservations at the Zoo, Aquarium, Butterfly Garden and Insectarium, and Theater. To make your reservations or for more information please read more online, or call us at (504) 581-4629 or 1-800-774-7394, Monday through Friday from 10am to 4pm.