Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 firstname.lastname@example.org
Aquarium Husbandry Intern
The Audubon Aquarium of the Americas in seeking applicants for our 2015 Husbandry Internship Program. This 12 to 14 week internship will start the week of February 8, 2015 and end the week of May 10th 2015. Several full-time internship opportunities are available to those interested in developing their careers and contributing to the success of the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas.
This program offers practical, on-the-job experience working with fish, invertebrates, amphibians, reptiles, and birds, and provides exposure to careers in the field of animal care. Job responsibilities include daily animal husbandry, animal observations, servicing animal habitats and holding areas, preparing diets, feeding the animal collection and public speaking for animal talks. This position is a full time position (40 hours) working 5 days a week. Housing is not provided. A stipend of $1000 will be provided to assist with living costs.
- Must have the ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Prefer candidates that have completed or are pursuing a degree in a Biology related field.
- Must commit to a schedule including weekends and holidays
- Public talks with guests
- - Must pass a background check
- May be subject to random drug screening
- Must have strong communication skills and be comfortable engaging a diverse audience.
Please ssend cover letter and resume no later than November 30, 2014 via email email@example.com.
You may also send resumes to the following address:
Assistant Curator of Fish
Audubon Aquarium of the Americas
1 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70130