Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 firstname.lastname@example.org
Aquarium Husbandry Intern
Audubon Aquarium of the Americas is looking for applicants for our internship program within the Animal Husbandry department. The Aquarium offers internships each year in the spring (January - April), summer (May - August), and fall (September - December).
Interns will work side- by- side with aquarist staff and gain valuable experience with aviculture, saltwater or freshwater aquatics. Number of positions available may vary each semester and interns will be selected and placed based on their interests, availability and suitability for the individual position. Unpaid. Does not include housing.
- Basic animal husbandry (diet preparation, cleaning, behavioral observation)
- Life support/filtration maintenance
- Record keeping
- Public talks with guests
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to work at least 32 hours/week for 12 weeks, including holidays and weekends.
- Must be able and willing to lift 50 lbs and work in all types of weather.
- Must be able to work unsupervised around open bodies of water.
Please submit resumes at least one month in advance of internship start date. In cover letter please list the seasonal internship for which you are applying, specific interests and your availability.
Send resumes to the following address:
Curator of Husbandry
Audubon Aquarium of the Americas
1 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70130