Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 email@example.com
Asian Domain (Carnivore) Intern
Audubon Zoo in New Orleans is seeking dedicated applicants for 2014 summer internship positions (May – August) in the Asian Domain. Interns will work side-by-side with carnivore keeper staff and gain valuable exotic animal care experience in husbandry, enrichment, exhibit maintenance, and public presentations. Animals that interns will gain experience with include big cats, bears, pigs, and otters.
- Basic animal husbandry (diet preparation, cleaning, behavioral observation)
- Enrichment design and implementation
- Record keeping
- Public talks with keepers
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to work at least 32 hours/week for 12 weeks, including holidays and weekends.
- Must be able and willing to lift 50 lbs and work in all types of weather.
- Must have current proof of a negative TB test.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and one-page resumeto Jamie Orth at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted continuously until posting is removed.
Standard Mail: Jamie Orth c/o Asian Domain
6500 Magazine Street
New Orleans, LA 70118
This is an unpaid internship. Exact start/end dates are flexible upon selection. Housing is not provided.