Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 firstname.lastname@example.org
Asian Domain Intern
Audubon Zoo in New Orleans is seeking dedicated applicants for Winter 2014/2015 (Nov-Feb) internship positions in the Asian Domain. Interns will learn the basics of exotic animal care and gain valuable hands-on experience working side-by-side with keeper staff.
Animals with which interns will gain experience include tigers, leopards, bears, pigs, and otters.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Basic animal husbandry (diet preparation, cleaning, exhibit maintenance)
- Basic behavioral observation
- Enrichment design and implementation
- Record keeping
- Public chats
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be willing to work at least 32 hours/week for 12 weeks, including holidays and weekends.
- Must be able and willing to work on your feet for extended periods of time, lift and carry 50lb bags of feed, and work in all types of weather.
- Must be able to quickly and clearly communicate with staff and other volunteers.
- Must have good public speaking skills and be comfortable interacting with guests.
- Must have current proof of a negative TB test.
- Previous animal care experience and/or coursework in biology, ecology, animal science, or a related subject is preferred.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and one-page resume to Jamie Orth at email@example.com.
September 15, 2014
This is an unpaid internship. Housing is not provided.Apply Today