Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 email@example.com
Associate Registrar (Zoo)
The Associate Registrar Position works to provide accurate and valid animal records data entry for Audubon Zoo, Audubon Species Survival Center, and the Alliance for Sustainable Wildlife. This position reports directly to the Curator of Collections Management.
The position requires a candidate who is reliable, motivated, and organized; one who shows great attention to detail and accuracy; and, one who will bring tasks and projects to timely completion. The candidate must be able to understand and follow written and verbal direction, to think critically and generate reports from data, and must be able to integrate information within and across departments and facilities. The successful candidate will be someone who is capable of independent judgment, critical thinking and who can perform research to verify and/or correct information to be entered into databases. Candidate must possess the ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently, to work efficiently and effectively, and to wisely use Audubon Nature Institute resources.
To deliver on the Audubon mission, the Assistant Registrar will:
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality.
- Will always deal with co-workers, staff, and colleagues from other facilities in a manner that reflects credit on Audubon Zoo.
Enhance the care and survival of wildlife through research and conservation.
- Input animal records data into ARKS, MEDARKS, and MS Office programs and ensure the accuracy and validity of data
- Perform database maintenance and data backup
- Maintain internal filing systems
- Regularly create complex spreadsheets, forms, and/or formats using various computer software packages
- Generate invoices and check requests
- Monitor animal loan agreements and produce annual loan update documents
- Provide information to SSP Program Leaders, Studbook Keepers, other zoological facilities and interested parties
- Assist with special projects for Collections Management and Animal Health Care Departments
- Assist with reporting and analyses of animal records data
- Assist with annual permitting and licensing renewals and reporting
- Assist with processing paperwork for and coordinating animal transfers
- Assist with updating animal management policies and procedures
- Assist with training of animal staff in animal management, acquisition and disposition and daily reporting policies and procedures
- May supervise small group of employees engaged in routine clerical duties
- Clerical support including filing, system forms maintenance, copying, printing, mailings, and other general clerical duties as required and / or assigned
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Assists the Curator in overseeing the Department’s budget needs
Supervision: Oversees the Animal Records Assistant in the absence of the Curator
- Minimum of 2 years experience with animal recordkeeping, preferably at an AZA accredited facility.
- 4 year baccalaureate degree.
- Must maintain a valid Louisiana driver’s license and have reliable transportation. May need to travel to other facilities using personal vehicle.