Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 firstname.lastname@example.org
Birthday Party Coordinator (Zoo)
The Birthday Party Coordinator assists with booking and execution of birthday parties; performs all necessary duties pertaining to Birthday Parties for Zoo, Cool Zoo and Aquarium events as assigned.
To deliver on the Audubon mission, the Birthday Party Coordinator will:
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Ensure that proper service standards are being met and upheld.
- Assist in sales and financial aspects of Birthday Parties.
- Assist in maintaining accurate client files.
- Learn Delphi.
- Return all client phone calls within 24 hours of call and within business day of call.
- All other duties assigned by the Birthday Program Sales Manager
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Actively executes set-up, implementation and breakdown of items for birthday parties including but not limited to: food delivery and placement, making lemonade, chafers, service-ware, serving pieces, paper goods and decorations.
- Maintains cleanliness of birthday party venues, including but not limited to: trash removal, sweeping, mopping and general cleaning of space.
- Assist the Birthday Program Sales Manager with office duties such as, but not limited to: returning calls, responding to computer leads, creating BEOs, sending confirmations, running deposits and finalizing invoices to ensure a quicker response to guests during times of heavier volume.
- Be the point of contact for birthday parties.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks:
- Cross selling Special Events for Zoo, Tea Room, Golf Clubhouse, Aquarium, and high-end off-site catering.
- Updating average checks in Delphi for accurate forecasting.
- Ability to up-sell as well as "close the deal" with clients in order to generate revenue.
- Producing all back up information including check requisitions, client invoices, and ensuring total payment for services are collected from clients.
- Fiscal awareness of the cost to produce an event to assure maximum profit potential for Audubon.
- Prefer prior food service or events industry experience.
- High school degree required
Machinery/ Tools/ Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, phone, computer, copy, fax and scanner machines.