Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Department Intern (AAOA)
Audubon Aquarium of the Americas is seeking qualified interns for its Education Department. These positions will familiarize interested persons with the diversity of marine and freshwater ecosystems, and provide an opportunity to participate in the implementation of our Education Department operations.
Interns will be responsible for assisting the Education Departments with engaging Aquarium guests with conservation education programming, assisting with animal care, and helping out with other daily tasks. Interns will be required to complete a project that would entail creating a new educational program that can be used either on the Aquarium floor or with teen volunteer training.
These positions are offered year round. 10-35 hours per week, minimum of 250 hours total per internship. Unpaid.
- Basic understanding of Biology and Animal Sciences
- Passion for animals
- Passion for educating the public
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to stay on feet for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to handle prolonged periods of times in warm, humid environments
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to lift 30-40 pounds
- Ability to work most weekends
How to Apply:
Please submit resume with a cover letter that states why you are interested in the position offered.
Send resume and cover letter to:
1 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70130