Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 email@example.com
Entomology Department Intern
Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium is looking for applicants for our Internship program within the Entomology Department. This program will familiarize interested persons to the diversity of form and function of this planet’s most diverse group of animals, the Arthropods (including, Insects, Arachnids, Crustaceans, and more).
Interns will learn about and be responsible for educating the public at our interactive stations, working in the butterfly house, husbandry of onsite collections, helping out with other daily tasks, and doing a research project on an animal or gallery to be turned in at the end of their tenure.
Minimum of 16 hours per week. Unpaid.
- Basic understanding of Biology and Animal Sciences
- Passion for Arthropods and their kin
- Passion for educating the public
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to stay on feet for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to handle prolonged periods of times in warm, humid environments (butterfly house)
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to lift 30-40 pounds
How to Apply:
Please submit resume with a cover letter that states why you are interested in the position offered and how much time you will be able to commit to the program.
Submit applications to Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium, Zack Lemann, Manager of Public Programs, 1 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70124 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.