Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 firstname.lastname@example.org
Facility Services Attendant - Zoo
General Summary: This position maintains and cleans designated areas within the Park and Zoo grounds, buildings and restrooms to ensure that each guest receives the proper Audubon Experience during each and every visit.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Reports all maintenance and service needs to supervisor in a timely manner to insure safe operations.
- Follows the informal and formal departmental standards, policies/procedures and goals to promote service excellence.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Vacuums carpets, sweeps and mops floors, cleans glass windows, dusts and polishes furniture, woodwork and fixtures of all assigned cleaning areas, buildings or rooms.
- Cleans and maintains public restrooms. Completes restroom checklist upon each cleaning.
- Empties trash cans in buildings, restrooms and walkways.
- Completes all assigned Work Requests in a timely manner.
- Takes initiative to report areas of concern and follows proper channels to effectively remedy problems.
- Performs duties effectively without constant supervision.
- Performs various other job duties as needed and directed by Facility Services Attendant Supervisor and/or Director of Facilities.
- Willingness to attend golf cart operation, blood borne pathogens, pressure washer operation training, as well as any other training deemed relevant and necessary by Director of Facilities.
- Must adhere to all regulations regarding animal safety and care.
One year facility service attendant experience preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent and valid Louisiana driver’s license.
- Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays.