Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 email@example.com
First Responder EMT
General Summary: Medically treat all guests, employees, volunteers, and contractors needing first aid at any of the Audubon facilities. The position is on call/as needed for weekends and weekdays, and some nights. The First Responder is responsible for all First Responder/first aid calls, proper documentation of those calls, and restocking equipment.
To deliver on the Audubon mission, the First Responder will:
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality.
- Treat all patients needing medical attention.
- Document all patient contact.
- Treat all guest, employee, visitor, or contractor medical information as confidential.
- Return all phone calls from Audubon Nature Institute staff within 24 hours.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Audubon Nature Institute standards, as required by scheduling, which may vary according to the needs of the organization. As part of maintaining attendance, submit availability to work each month by the 15th day of the previous month to the Operations Manager.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience.
- Assist the Department Heads as needed with checking fire extinguishers, Material Safety Data Sheets, etc.
- Remain informed by reading all memos and information concerning the First Responder Department at the beginning of each shift.
- Document patient interaction clearly, concisely, and without spelling errors.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Assist department heads with training of new ANI first responder.
- Assist department heads tracking and generating accumulative monthly report on all medical calls.
- Have working knowledge of automatic external defibrillator, standard radio, pulse oximeter, blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, oxygen regulator, etc.
- Check all equipment and replace supplies as needed at the beginning and end of each shift.
Experience: Three years of experience working as an EMT or Paramedic.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- National Registry EMT Basic or Paramedic
- CPR/AED certification
- Valid Drivers License