Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 firstname.lastname@example.org
First Responder (Zoo)
Medically treat all guests, employees, volunteers, and contractors needing first aid. The position is on call/as needed for weekends, weekdays, and some nights. The First Responder is responsible for all First Responder/first aid calls, proper documentation of those calls, and restocking equipment.
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality.
- Treat all patients needing medical attention.
- Document all patient contact.
- Treat all guest, employee, visitor, or contractor medical information as confidential.
- Return all phone calls within 24 hours.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Audubon Nature Institute standards, as required by scheduling procedures outlined in the guidebook. As part of maintaining attendance, submit availability to work each month by the 15th day of the previous month to the department head.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience.
- Assist the department head as needed with checking fire extinguishers, Material Safety Data Sheets, etc.
- Remain informed by reading all memos and information concerning the Department at the beginning of each shift.
- Document patient interaction clearly, concisely, and without spelling errors.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Assist department head with training of new First Responders as applicable.
- Have working knowledge of automatic external defibrillator, standard radio, pulse oximeter, blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, oxygen regulator, etc.
- Check all equipment and replace supplies as needed at the beginning and end of each shift.
Experience: Three years of experience working as an EMT or Paramedic
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required
- Valid National Registry EMT Basic or Paramedic required
- Valid CPR/AED certification required
- Valid driver’s license required