Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 email@example.com
Under the supervision of the Assistant Superintendent, the Greenskeeper performs routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance; does semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work; operate small hand-powered equipment; and occasional operate larger maintenance equipment such as mowers.
To deliver on the Audubon mission, the Greenskeeper will:
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Performs daily set up procedures such as; setting tee markers and cups on greens daily, maintains ball washers, remove debris, sand tee & fairway divots, maintains flower beds, etc.
- Operate self-propelled machinery such as; bunker rakes, triplex mowers, deckmowers, aerators, sod cutters, and others as directed.
- Maintains fuel and fluid levels for equipment on a daily basis, report equipment problems or failures to Equipment Manager immediately.
- Cleans and properly stores equipment after each use.
- Under direct supervision of a certified applicator, sprays chemicals using hand operated sprayers.
Educate our diverse audience about the natural world
- Keep up to date on conservation & naturalization efforts and changes to the wildlife inventory.
- Be ready to answer the questions of our park guests and golfers and inform them of our efforts regarding conservation and the Audubon International Sanctuary program.
Preserve native Louisiana habitats
- Assist in project work including drainage, irrigation, construction, repair, and naturalized habitat protection.
- Be aware of naturalized areas and avoid disturbing them with equipment.
- The above listed duties are general statements of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. They do not exclude other duties as assigned.
Experience: Must demonstrate the willingness and ability to retain instructions on the use of equipment, tools, and materials used in golf course construction, maintenance and landscape.
Education: High school or GED equivalent preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Louisiana Driver’s License
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to utilize all manner of hand equipment and self propelled machinery within the scope of golf maintenance such as shovels, string trimmers, flymowers, push mowers, walk-behind greens mowers, edgers, hand rakes, blowers.Apply Today