Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the supervision of the Assistant Superintendent, the Greenskeeper performs routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance; does semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work; operate small hand-powered equipment; and occasional operate larger maintenance equipment such as mowers.
To deliver on the Audubon mission, the Greenskeeper will:
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Performs daily set up procedures such as; setting tee markers and cups on greens daily, maintains ball washers, remove debris, sand tee & fairway divots, maintains flower beds, etc.
- Operate self-propelled machinery such as; bunker rakes, triplex mowers, deckmowers, aerators, sod cutters, and others as directed.
- Maintains fuel and fluid levels for equipment on a daily basis, report equipment problems or failures to Equipment Manager immediately.
- Cleans and properly stores equipment after each use.
- Under direct supervision of a certified applicator, sprays chemicals using hand operated sprayers.
Educate our diverse audience about the natural world.
- Keep up to date on conservation & naturalization efforts and changes to the wildlife inventory.
- Be ready to answer the questions of our park guests and golfers and inform them of our efforts regarding conservation and the Audubon International Sanctuary program.
Preserve native Louisiana habitats.
- Assist in project work including drainage, irrigation, construction, repair, and naturalized habitat protection.
- Be aware of naturalized areas and avoid disturbing them with equipment
Experience: Must demonstrate the willingness and ability to retain instructions on the use of equipment, tools, and materials used in golf course construction, maintenance and landscape.
Education: High school or GED equivalent preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Louisiana Driver’s License
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to utilize all manner of hand equipment and self propelled machinery within the scope of golf maintenance such asshovels, string trimmers, flymowers, push mowers, walk-behind greens mowers, edgers, hand rakes, blowers.
- Heavy Work: exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, or a necessary amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve walking or standing for long periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work holidays, weekends, early mornings and overtime as required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures
- Exposure to outdoor conditions
- Exposure to exhaust fumes for short periods of time.