Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest Services Manager (Zoo)
Audubon Nature Institute, the 501(c) 3 non-profit organization responsible for managing the Audubon Zoo, is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and dynamic Guest Services Manager to oversee the Zoo’s admissions, shuttle transportation, attractions operations, and act as the lead force behind providing our guests with enjoyable and memorable experiences while celebrating the wonders of nature.
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for the friendly and efficient entry of approximately 900,000 guests annual into the Zoo. This position is also responsible for the sales and operation of four attractions located within the Zoo. These attractions include a 13,000 sq. ft. splash park, train, carousel, and animatronic dinosaur exhibit.
The candidate best suited for this position should enjoy the variety offered by this position, and seek to present ideas and opportunities for growth and continuous improvement of the guest experience.
This position reports directly to the Director of Guest Services and Security.
- Approach all encounters with staff and guests in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Handle confidential communications with tact and discretion.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with all levels of staff, guests, and vendors.
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of the Zoo’s mission and philosophy, and act in accordance.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Audubon Nature Institute standards, as required by scheduling; which may vary according to the needs of the department.
- Exercise sound judgment in emergency situations, and respond with appropriate action in the best interest of both staff and guests.
- Keep direct supervisor promptly informed of key/significant issues and concerns.
- Assist supervisor in planning and achieving strategic objectives and goals, preparing annual budget, and special projects.
- Create and implement new ideas and methods to motivate, educate, and train staff.
- Establish and implement ongoing guest service training programs for staff.
- Provide monthly reports on ticket system performance and problems to supervisor.
- Screen, interview and select individuals for Guest Services positions.
- Reprimand and reward staff as necessary, with the assistance of direct supervisor and Human Resources.
- Maintain accurate and complete employee performance and training files.
- Ensure the consistent and safe operation of all attractions and shuttle; maintain maintenance records for all associated equipment.
- Ensure the continuous and timely operation of shuttle vehicle.
- Ensure completion of payroll, staff schedule, cashier overages/shortages and ticket system problems.
Experience: Minimum of 3 year experience in management
- High school diploma required
- Bachelors preferred or required in Business or finance
Licensure/Certification: Driver’s license required
Software Requirements: Working knowledge of Computer Systems and proficiency in software applications- MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook, etc.
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, and phone and copy machine.Apply Today