Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources Intern
The purpose of Audubon Nature Institute is to celebrate the wonders of nature by creating a family of parks, attractions and museums dedicated to the natural environment.
To date the Audubon family consists of: Audubon Park and Riverview, Audubon Zoo, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, Entergy IMAX Theatre, Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium, Woldenberg Riverfront Park, Audubon Louisiana Nature Center, FreeportMcMoRan Audubon Species Survival Center and Audubon Center for Research of Endangered Species, Audubon Wilderness Park, and Audubon Nature Institute Foundation.
General Summary: In this role, you will engage in various aspects of a Human Resources professional. Our office supports over 700 employees in multiple facilities in the New Orleans area. You will assist with various HR projects and will aid the HR Leadership Team and other HR team members in planning, evaluating, and implementing of new and existing initiatives.
- Specific Learning Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Internship Project Development
- Leadership Mentoring Opportunities
- Attendance in Leadership Meetings
- Job Shadow opportunities in all HR functions
- Sourcing & Recruitment
- New Employee Hiring Process
- New Employee Orientation
- Benefits Administration
- Employee Relations
- Training and Development Classes
- Employee Appreciation Initiatives
- HRIS system experience
- General office management
- Successful Intern Characteristics;
- Passion for working with the public
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to stay on feet for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift 30-40 pounds
- Other administrative duties including- filing, faxing, typing and emailing.
Suggested fields of study include:
- Human Resources
- Organizational Psychology
General Timeframe for Internship Aug-Dec 2015
Must be able to work a minimum of three full 8 hour business days
Please submit resume with a cover letter that states why you are interested in the position and your availability to: email@example.com
Audubon Nature Institute is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of Audubon to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.