Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager is responsible for miscellaneous tasks involved in the maintenance, operation and safe condition of the buildings, exhibits, equipment and grounds. Executes all in-house construction projects related to maintaining building, exhibits and grounds integrity.
- Execute miscellaneous in-house construction tasks, including but not limited to painting, carrying equipment for specialized jobs, preparing work areas for daily and special projects, i.e. applying scaffolding, placing ladders, dropping cloths, etc. and cleaning work areas.
- Inspect all equipment for safe and dependable operation, reporting items that need repair to the Maintenance Manager or Supervisor when needed.
- Work in accordance with Maintenance Manager and Supervisor in implementing a rodent control program for the building and the park; also responsible for documentation of baiting and stations placed and processed.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience.
- Check in and pick up departmental deliveries.
- Adhere to all safety standards in the use of equipment, products and PPE.
- Maintain shop and storage areas in a clean, well organized and safe condition.
- Assist Maintenance Manager and Supervisor in maintaining Material Safety Data sheets on all products used in the Maintenance Area.
Operate a financially self-sufficient collection of museums and parks.
- Proficient in operating various large pieces of equipment needed to perform job responsibilities, including but not limited to: man lifts; forklifts and other related equipment.
- Assist Maintenance Manager and Supervisor in maintaining inventory of products needed for operation.
- Have ability to further education in compliance with state and/or federal laws governing A.N.I.s compliance.
Experience: Minimum of two years of maintenance experience.
Education: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Industrial truck and High Reach.
- Valid Drivers License
- Required to complete GSA background certification upon completion of 3 month satisfactory probationary period.