Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Officer 3pm-11pm (Zoo)
General Summary: The Security Officer ensures the safety of guests, staff, collection of animals and property.
To deliver on the Audubon mission, the Security Officer will:
Provide a guest experience of outstanding quality
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Maintain regular attendance as scheduled which may vary according to the needs of the organization.
- Remain alert while on duty
- Document the time and location of patrol area during rounds.
- Interact positively with internal and external guests, fellow staff members, vendors, etc.
- Comply with Operational regulations, health standards and procedures.
- Prohibit unauthorized entry.
- Maintain security equipment inventory.
- Complete incident reports in a timely, neat and concise manner.
Weave quality entertainment through the guest experience
- Report and secure potential hazards immediately upon identification that would prevent guests from enjoying the exhibits, play areas, and shows
- Provide general assistance and information to guests.
Provide opportunities for recreation in natural settings.
- Maintain a safe environment for guests and staff throughout the property by adhering to post orders and completing detex rounds as assigned.
Experience and Knowledge: 1 year previous security experience preferred
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Licensure/Certification: Must have a valid driver’s license; CPR certification preferred.
Software Requirements: Proficiency in Microsoft outlook and excel.
Machinery/Tools/Equipment Requirements: Must have the ability to use mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone and copy machine.
- Very Heavy Work: exerting up to 55 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 55 pounds.
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required.
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required.
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place and sequence of operations or actions required.
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected.
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds.
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Working long hours between breaks or meals required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required.
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity.
- Constant contact with co-workers required.
- Affinity for animals preferred.
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperatures may be required.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.