Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 email@example.com
Commercial, Film, Still and Video Photography Policy
Audubon Nature Institute Policy for
Commercial, Film, Still and Video Photography
The purpose of this policy is to protect Audubon Nature Institute’s historic, financial, public relations and ethical interests relative to the sale, use and distribution of photographs and/or other images of Audubon
Nature Institute property, possessions and collections (e.g., artifacts, animals, exhibits, etc.). All artifacts and exhibits, live and non-live, are private property and subject to all the usual considerations of ownership and protection for copyrights and other commercial applications by outside organizations or individuals.
Audubon Nature Institute properties include: Audubon Zoo, Audubon Park, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, Audubon Butterfly Garden Insectarium, Entergy IMAX® Theatre, Woldenberg Riverfront Park, Freeport-McMoRan Audubon Species Survival Center, Audubon Center for Research of Endangered Species, and Audubon Louisiana Nature Center.
The safety and enjoyment of Audubon Nature Institute’s visitors and the protection of its collections and animals is of the utmost importance. Audubon Nature Institute reserves the right to cancel permission for commercial photography or filming at any time without penalty or refund.
Professional/Commercial Photography, Videography & Filming Approval Process
All requests must be sent to the Public Relations Department, Audubon Nature Institute, 6500 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA, 70118. Please use the online Film Location Request to submit your information electronically. If you have questions about Audubon Park or Audubon Zoo, please contact Frank Donze at (504) 212-5335. For all other facilities, please contact Katie Smith at (504) 378-2693.
Requests should include the exact location(s) requested, the equipment and number of persons involved, date and rain date, activities to be filmed and the estimated time required. For base camp requests, the number and type of vehicles to be parked.
A valid (with expiration date) certificate of insurance covering all persons participating must accompany the request. Minimum $1,000,000 liability, including automobile, if applicable. Audubon Commission and Audubon Nature Institute, 6500 Magazine St., New Orleans, LA 70118, must be named as additional insured.
Check should be made payable to Audubon Nature Institute. Payment is required prior to filming.
Audubon Nature Institute is a non-profit conservation organization. Audubon Nature Institute’s Tax ID number is: 51-015-7624.
Terms & Conditions
Ad agencies, public relations firms, marketing groups, corporate communications offices, commercial photographers and others shooting photography for use in display advertising, television commercials, feature films, brochures, product literature, annual reports, training videos, photographs for sale and other industrial, promotional or advertising projects must abide by the following rules:
- Exhibits, furnishings, art, plants, and animals, animal enclosures, animal care and support areas may not be entered or disturbed without the express written permission of, and accompaniment by, curatorial or animal care staff.
- Only authorized personnel of Audubon Nature Institute will touch, pick up and/or move objects or animals in a collection or exhibit. They will advise the photographer or filmmaker (or his or her designated representatives) which objects or animals can and cannot be moved. Animal care personnel reserve the right to terminate photography or filming immediately if, in their opinion, physical or psychological harm is, or may be caused by, sounds, lights or movement.
- No vehicles are permitted to be driven on Audubon Zoo grounds during operating hours.
- Certain lighting systems are not permitted at Audubon Aquarium of the Americas due to potential damage to acrylic enclosures. Curators reserve the right to approve/disapprove any lighting systems used.
- If filming at Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium, all members of production are subject to federal security searches and must abide by GSA security rules. No weapons of any kind are permitted inside the building.
- No building systems shall be disabled or turned off during the filming.
These policies apply to all amateur photographers, wedding and family photographers, media/press photographers, professional/commercial photographers and student and non-profit photographers using any Audubon Nature Institute property at any time. Those who do not comply with this policy will be asked to leave the premises.
Fees are due upon approval of the permit applications. Additional incurred expenses are due upon completion of the production. Checks must be made payable to Audubon Nature Institute.
|Half Day||Full Day|
|Film & Video||3,500||7,500|
- SECURITY GUARD $35 HOUR (per guard). More than one may be necessary.
- KEEPER $30 HOUR
- CURATOR $45 HOUR
*Fees may be increased based on the requested/required staff time to assist with production. Other contingencies to be negotiated. Fees for shoots during non-business hours to be negotiated. Staff charges for non-business hours are charged at overtime rates. Minimum charge/fee is half day rate. Fees may be waived in writing by Audubon Nature Institute or its authorized representative.
The photographer or filmmaker shall have total ownership for perpetuity and all rights for the images or film produced at Audubon Nature Institute properties in accordance with the details of the Commercial Photography Application permit unless otherwise contracted.