Copyright © 2009 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 email@example.com
Top Stories Featuring LMMSTRP
CNN.com covers 33 healthy sea turtles being returned to the Gulf of Mexico. Read the article.
“It’s A Happy Day” off the coast of Louisiana as the LMMSTRP team returned 32 sea turtles, including two of the biggest turtles collected and rehabilitated during the oil spill crisis, to the Gulf of Mexico. Read the article.
Disney's Planet Challenge visits Audubon Aquatic Center and tags along for a sea turtle release. Watch the video.
Local candy maker, Southern Candymakers, offers Sweet Relief with their Gulf Coast Wildlife Rescue gift package that benefits Audubon’s Louisiana Marine Mammal and Sea Turtle Rescue program. Watch the news story.
- 23 Rescued turtles released in to Gulf of Mexico after being rehabilitated by Audubon's LMMSTRP team. Watch the video of the turtles being released.
- Audubon is displayed in lights—LMMSTRP is featured on an electronic billboard in Times Square in New York City from July 15-Oct. 15. View the billboard.
- Turtle Talk roundtable discussion featuring top sea turtle experts. View the video.
- WDSU features Audubon Zoo’s newest education program allowing kids to clean “oiled turtles” as a way for children to understand the relationship between the oil spill and animals. View the video. Read the story.
- CNN tour of Audubon Aquatic Center to meet LMMSTRP coordinator Michele Kelley and see the work of the “MASH unit” for oiled sea turtles and marine mammals. Watch the video.
- CNN’s Anderson Cooper checks out the Aquatic Center to see what is being done to save endangered sea turtles affected by the oil spill. Watch the video.
- MSNBC features the impact on animals by visiting Audubon’s turtle triage station at the Aquatic Center. Watch the video.
- ABC26 News gets a behind the scenes look at a juvenile Kemp’s Ridley turtle receiving his daily physical as well as an overview of the work done by LMMSTRP staff. Watch the video.
- Ian Somerhalder raises awareness about animals affected by the gulf oil spill. Watch the PSA.
- WWLTV.com article features four of the rehabbed turtles on display at Audubon Aquarium of the Americas in downtown New Orleans after being rescued and nursed back to health. Read the article.
- CNN.com mentions Audubon Aquatic Center rehab facility. Read the article.
- MSNBC.com shows a visiting veterinarian’s perspective on rescues and rehabilitating animals affected by the oil spill. Read the article.
- NPR.org visits Audubon Aquatic Center and interviews BP’s Bob Dudley while touring the facility. Read the article.
- Nola.com examines the effects of the Gulf Oil Spill on sea turtles. Read the article.
- Virginia Aqaurium's animal care expert lends a hand to assist with the animal standings and rehabilitations. Read the article.