Tue - Sun | 10am - 5pm
Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium will be closed Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 26, 2015.
Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium is located in the U.S. Custom House; a Federal building. Please click here for important entry guidelines and restrictions.
Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 email@example.com
Tips For Your Trip
- For the best experience, visit during the Butterfly Garden and Insectarium's least frequented times—weekday afternoons.
- The museum is handicapped accessible.
- Strollers are allowed but rentals are not available.
- A limited number of wheelchairs are available for complimentary use.
- Photography (including flash) is permitted.
- Information above is subject to change.
- Audubon Members are required to have both a photo ID and their member card. If you purchased an Audubon Membership but have not received your card, you must bring a printed confirmation from your online purchase OR print a temporary membership card and bring it with you.
- Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium is a "smoke-free" facility. For the safety and health of all patrons, our staff and the animals in our stewardship, smoking is only permitted outside of the Butterfly Garden and Insectarium.
Information above is subject to change.
Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium is located in the U.S. Custom House, a Federal building. Therefore, all visitors must pass through metal detectors and have their belongings scanned.
- Do not bring any sharp items into the Butterfly Garden and Insectarium, such as knives (including pocket or “Swiss army” style), screwdrivers, scissors, nail files, corkscrews, etc.
- Other items not permitted include firearms, pepper spray and mace.
- Please do not bring any unnecessary items with you. Purses, backpacks and other bags are allowed but subject to security search.
Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium entrance is located at 423 Canal Street near North Peters Street. The Butterfly Garden andInsectarium entrance is handicap accessible.
Restrooms are located in the center of the museum near the Underground exhibit.
Butterfly Garden and Insectarium maps, daily schedules and facility information are available in the lobby. Wheelchairs may be obtained, free of charge, with the deposit of photo identification at the Ticket Booth in the lobby. Wheelchairs are available in limited numbers, on a first-come, first-serve basis inside of the Butterfly Garden and Insectarium. Strollers are not available for rental; guests are advised to bring their personal strollers if needed.
Wheelchair and Stroller Routes
Small strollers are best for navigating the Aquarium. View the Butterfly Garden and Insectarium map for details.
Guests with disabilities are permitted to bring service animals to all areas of Audubon facilities where guests are normally allowed—with the exception of Watoto Walk (contact yard) and Audubon Aviary at the Zoo and Parakeet Pointe at the Aquarium. Animals exhibiting signs of ill health or aggressive or erratic behavior will not be allowed. In the event that a guest’s service animal is denied admittance, other assistance will be provided upon request. Animals whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support (ESA), therapy animals or animals that provide a service to others not present (dogs in-training) do not qualify as “service animals” under the ADA and are not allowed in Audubon facilities. Pets are also not admitted in Audubon facilities. Pets, ESA and other service animals are allowed in Audubon's public parks.
Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium is full of engaging activities for the whole family. View our calendar of events to learn more.
Insectarium Visitor Info
Tue - Sun | 10am - 5pm
Our best value! Visit Audubon Zoo, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, Entergy Giant Screen Theater and Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium for one low price. The Audubon Experience package includes one visit to each facility. Audubon Experience packages are valid for 30 consecutive days starting with your first visit. The Theater ticket is valid for one movie on first-come, first-served availability. Tickets may be purchased in advance and used the day of your visit. All Audubon attractions are open Monday through Sunday.
$16.95 Adult Admission
$11.95 Child (2 -12) Admission
$13.95 Senior (65+) Admission
Free for Audubon Members
Discounted admission for youth groups of 10 or more and group lunches for 20 or more. Exciting, educational and entertaining trips at economical rates are available with advance reservations at the Zoo, Aquarium, Butterfly Garden and Insectarium, and Theater. To make your reservations or for more information please read more online, or call us at (504) 581-4629 or 1-800-774-7394, Monday through Friday from 10am to 4pm.
Visit often with a full year of free admission to Audubon Zoo, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, and Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium! Plus, Audubon Members save with $5 admission tickets to Entergy Giant Screen Theater, while enjoying many other valuable perks. We encourage you to do the math, and compare single ticket prices to Membership. Depending on how often you plan to visit, Audubon Membership is the best entertainment value in town!