Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 email@example.com
Parakeet Pointe Photo Caption Contest
And the winners are...
|Photo 1||Photo 2|
The Real Housebirds of Parakeet Pointe
Blue 42, blue 42! Hut! Hut!!
|Photo 3||Photo 4|
|You lookin’ at me? I think you’re lookin at me?||HELLO DOWN THERE!!!!! (echoing)|
Congratulations to our winners!
A special thanks to everyone who participated in the contest by submitting captions and voting.
The winning captions will be featured for one month on our Parakeet Pointe landing page
starting Monday, October 17th.
Parakeet Pointe Photo Caption Contest
Rules, Regulations, and General Information
The Photo Caption Contest will consist of two parts:
- Submission of photo captions via Facebook to posted photos. One new photo will be posted per week and submissions will conclude at the end of the week for each photo.
- Four captions per photo will be selected and posted on Audubon Nature Institute’s website. Visitors to the site can vote for one of each photo’s caption. Those photo captions with the highest vote rating will be selected as winners—one for each photo. In the case of a tie, an internal committee will break the tie.
Four photos of birds in the new exhibit, Parakeet Pointe, will be posted on Audubon Nature Institute’s Facebook page during the designated timeframe. All captions will be submitted via the Facebook page. All contestants must first be a Facebook user to submit a caption.
Photo posting dates are:
- Monday, September 5, 2011 at 10:00 am – Photo 1 posted to Facebook.
Captions for this photo closes at 9:59 am, September 12, 2011.
- Monday, September 12, 2011 at 10:00 am – Photo 2 posted to Facebook.
Captions for this photo closes at 9:59 am, September 19, 2011.
- Monday, September 19, 2011 at 10:00 am – Photo 3 posted to Facebook.
Captions for this photo closes at 9:59 am, September 26, 2011.
- Monday, September 26, 2011 at 10:00 am – Photo 4 posted to Facebook.
Captions for this photo closes at 9:59 am, October 3, 2011.
Those captions selected for finalists will be posted on AudubonInstitute.org and voted upon, beginning on Monday, October 3, 2011 and ending midnight Thursday, October 13, 2011. Those wishing to vote must first register with Audubon’s site to submit a vote. Once registered and logged in, visitors can rate the captions from 1 to 5 stars, with 5 stars as the highest rating. Winners will be announced Friday, October 21, 2011.
All captions will be submitted via Audubon Nature Institute’s Facebook page during the above designated timeframe. All contestants must first be a Facebook user to submit a caption.
To submit a caption, go to Audubon Zoo’s Facebook Wall and locate the Parakeet photo in need of a caption.
To vote for one of each four captions per photo, you must first register with the Audubon Nature Institute’s site. After registration, you can cast a vote for photo captions by clicking the number of star figures to rate it on scale of 1-5, with a rating of 5 stars as the best. Vote here!
- All participants must first Register or Login to vote.
- Click on a star rating scale to rate the caption on a scale of 1-5. Find the star rating scale next to each photo caption submission.
- Voting for each caption may be done daily. One vote per user and can be updated at any time.
- All photo captions will be submitted online via Audubon’s Facebook page.
- Contest kicks off September 5, 2011 at 10 am and concludes on October 13, 2011 at Midnight.
- Open to bird lovers of all ages, but caption submissions must be made by someone 18 years or older.
- One caption per photo, per week may be submitted by each Facebook user. If more than one are submitted, the first caption will be considered.
- Photo captions must be no longer than 100 characters INCLUDING spaces.
- Audubon Nature Institute employees, volunteers, and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
Please do not enter photo captions that:
- Include wording of an offensive nature: referencing nudity, drugs, violence or symbols or acts of hatred.
- Are illegal or prohibited.
- Show someone else’s copyrighted work.
- Serve in any way to advertise.
PLEASE NOTE: Audubon Nature Institute reserves the right to disqualify photo captions for any reason.
Winners will be announced on October 21, 2011. Each winner will receive:
- A one-year Audubon Nature Institute Family Membership.
- All four winner’s photos and captions will be appear on the Parakeet Pointe page for 1 month.
- Complimentary room night with Marriott Hotels. Room and taxes only.
- 10 guest passes to Audubon Aquarium of the Americas.
- Fabulous prize pack with items from Audubon Marketplace and partners.
By entering the contest, you grant to Audubon Nature Institute, and its successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual right and license to use, display, reproduce, publish, transmit, and distribute your photograph caption on Audubon Nature Institute’s Web site, Facebook page, in our publications, and/or any other promotional materials. Your grant and license shall also apply to any reprints, revise editions, or derivative works in any media or format, whether now or hereafter known, including without limitation other kinds of print media and electronic media. By entering this contest you also represent, acknowledge and warrant that (i) the submitted photograph caption is original creative work created solely by you, and you are the sole owner of all right, title, and interest in and to your photograph caption, including the copyright; (ii) Audubon Nature Institute’s publication of your photograph caption as authorized herein will not violate or infringe any right, title or interest of any person or entity; (iii) Audubon Nature Institute’s publication of your photograph caption will not violate any right of privacy or publicity nor create any other liability in tort; (iv) you are not a party to and your photograph caption is not subject to any contract or arrangement that would conflict with your permission herein; and (v) you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Audubon Nature Institute against any damages, losses, or expenses occurring as a result of any claimed breach of warranty.
Audubon Nature Institute (herein referred to as “Audubon”) reserves the right to delete, move, or edit messages/captions in our sole discretion. You agree that any Material that you submit to the Web Site may be edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted, and/or displayed, and you waive any and all rights you may have with respect to the alteration, modification, or removal of your Material.
Photograph captions must be received no later than October 3, 2011 at 10:00 am CST. [Only entries submitted electronically to the Facebook page in accordance with these rules will be eligible for consideration.] Photograph captions will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook page address submitted at the time of the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Contest is open to all legal residents of the United States and Canada, except employees of Audubon Nature Institute and the immediate families of the foregoing employees.
By participating, contestants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions which shall be final and binding; and (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, Selected Contestants agree to release Audubon, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities together with the respective directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents, and respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Contest, (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Audubon shall not be liable for: (i) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (ii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (iv) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Audubon disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. Audubon reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest, in its sole discretion, due to circumstances beyond its control, including natural disasters. Submissions may be destroyed. Audubon may prohibit a Contestant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such contestant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, undermine or harass any other players or Audubon representatives. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Louisiana. Audubon shall not investigate copyright ownership, which is the sole and exclusive responsibility of Contestant.