Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Center Volunteers
Help Audubon safeguard endangered animals for future generations—become a volunteer at Audubon Center for Research of Endangered Species and Freeport-McMoRan Audubon Species Survival Center. Research Center and Survival Center volunteers provide critical assistance to Audubon's animal keepers and lab technicians while working in a lush and remote environment filled with endangered species.
Apply today to become a volunteer!
The Spring 2014 training is full.
More information regarding the Fall 2014 will be posted shortly.
Please stay tuned!
To become a volunteer at the Research Center or Survival Center you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Take a Tuberculosis PPD test—results must prove negative
- Have a pre-training telephone interview with the volunteer coordinator
- Complete a 6-week training course
- Pay a $60 course fee to cover training and uniform expenses
- Agree to work a minimum of one 4-hour shift per week
- Volunteer for a minimum of 6 consecutive months
We are currently taking applications for the Fall 2014 Volunteer Training Class. More specifics about the dates and times of interviews for the Fall training will be posted shortly. Please stay tuned for updates!
Once accepted into the program, volunteers engage in a 5-week training program. This training is only offered twice a year-Spring and Fall.