Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Center Volunteers
Help Audubon safeguard endangered animals for future generations—become a volunteer at Audubon Center for Research of Endangered Species and Freeport-McMoRan Audubon Species Survival Center. Research Center and Survival Center volunteers provide critical assistance to Audubon's animal keepers and lab technicians while working in a lush and remote environment filled with endangered species.
Apply today to become a volunteer!
The next training session will be held in Fall 2015.
To become a volunteer at the Research Center or Survival Center you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Take a Tuberculosis PPD test—results must prove negative
- Have a pre-training telephone interview with the volunteer coordinator
- Complete a 6-week training course
- Pay a $60 course fee to cover training and uniform expenses
- Agree to work a minimum of one 4-hour shift per week
- Volunteer for a minimum of 6 consecutive months
We are currently taking applications for the Volunteer Training Class. More specifics about the dates and times of interviews for the training will be emailed to all applicants. Please stay tuned for updates!
Once accepted into the program, volunteers engage in a 4-week training program. This training is offered twice a year-Spring and Fall.