Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored by Chevron, the AquaVan brings the excitement of the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas into your classroom. Serving the Greater New Orleans Region, students can explore the natural treasures of a tropical rainforest, discover an ocean teeming with life, and even meet some animal neighbors from their own backyard! The AquaVan comes with amazing animals, enthusiastic presenters, and an endless fascination of nature's wonders. Programs feature live aquatic or terrestrial animals and interactive hands-on displays for area school children grades PreK - 6th. The minimum age requirement for AquaVan visits is 3 years old.
AquaVan accepts reservations up to 6 months in advance! Thank you for booking!
Please make your reservation at least one month in advance. Reserve the AquaVan Today!
In lieu of a mileage fee we now require a 2 program minimum for presentations outside of Orleans and Jefferson parish. You can collaborate with teachers at your school and nearby facilities or contact us to find out when we will be in your area!
- Schools & Camps: The AquaVan features a 30 - 45 minute interactive lesson for classroom sized audiences up to 35 people.
- COST: $75 per presentation (up to three presentations)
- Hospitals & Libraries: The AquaVan program includes a 60 minute assembly style presentation for audiences of all sizes.
- COST: $100 per hour
- Fairs & Festivals: The AquaVan features a tabletop program where guests are encouraged to explore the natural world.
- COST: $200 per hour (up to three hours)
- Assembly Programs (3rd-6th) The AquaVan features an interactive presentation for 150 people where guests are encouraged to ask questions.
- COST: $275 per presentation
Thanks to a generous grant from Chevron, Title 1 Schools within the Greater New Orleans Region are eligible for one FREE AquaVan visit per school year. Any additional visits within the school year will be given at the standard AquaVan rates.
2014-2015 Classroom Programs include:
- A Day At The Beach (PreK-6th) - Dive into the world of sea creatures and explore some of the habitats and animals living in the world’s seas. Get up close to find out how they move, what they eat, and why we need to protect them!
- Rainforest Rendezvous (PreK-6th) - Explore the different levels of a rainforest and find out what makes some animals especially suited for survival there. Home to nearly half the animal and plant species in the world, tropical rainforests are disappearing! Find out what we can do to help!
- Swamp Stomp (PreK-6th) - Discover life in your own back yard and find out what animals are living in the swamps and bayous of South Louisiana. Take a close look at how these animals are living right beneath your nose without being detected.
- Wiggly, Jiggly, Slithering: Locomotive Animals (PreK-K) - How can a snake move without any legs? Get on your feet and clap your hands, and learn how animals move! Let’s have fun exploring animal movement!
Yuck! Gross Animals (2nd-6th) – Skunks are stinky but did you know that their smell makes them unappealing to predators? Animals and humans have some pretty gross features and habits, but for a reason...let’s have some gross fun!
For additional questions about AquaVan or if you are looking for something specific, call (504) 378-2639 or email us.