Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 email@example.com
The Wetland Express is a mobile educational program sponsored by the New Orleans Pelicans. This program offers an up-close experience with our wetland’s most important inhabitants. Students will learn about the wildlife that depends on the wetlands for their homes, meals and nurseries. This connection to wetland animals will help to foster future stewardship to protect Louisiana’s most important resource-the wetlands.
Attention Lafourche and Terrebonne Elementary Teachers – Through a generous grant from Conoco-Phillips, your school may be eligible to receive a FREE outreach visit this year from one of Audubon’s vehicles. To find out more, complete the reservation form and an outreach staff member will contact you to discuss the details of your visit.
Wetland Express is reserved on a first come, first-served basis. Please book early, we are booked 2-3 months in advance.
Wetland Express accepts reservations up to 6 months in advance.
In lieu of a mileage fee we now require a 2 program minimum for presentations outside of Orleans and Jefferson parish. You can collaborate with other teachers at your school and nearby facilities or contact us to find out when we will be in your area!
Wetland Express offers programming to groups of all sizes and ages including schools, camps, churches and more! All programs include 3-5 live animals. Wetland Express presentations are now offered in English and Spanish! Wetland Wildlife Express presentations types include:
- Schools & Camps: The Wetland Express features a 30 - 45 minute interactive lesson for classroom sized audiences up to 26 people for Pre-K-1st grade and up to 35 people for 2nd grade and above, $75.00 per presentation.
- Hospitals & Libraries: The Wetland Express program includes an assembly style presentation for audiences of all sizes, $100 per hour.
- Assembly Programs: The Wetland Express features an interactive presentation for up to 150 people, $275 per presentation.
- Fairs & Festivals: The Wetland Express features tabletop program where guests are encouraged to explore the inhabitants of Louisiana's Wetlands, $200 per hour (up to 3 hours).
Regular Classroom Programs:
- Styled for The Swamp (k-5th) Louisiana animals are “dressed” perfectly for their habitat. Each of their colorings, body parts, and behaviors are things that they have to help them survive. This program will help us learn all about the adaptations that our native animals have!
- Wetland Charm (2nd-5th) Learn about all of the components that make up our Louisiana Wetlands by creating a unique wetland charm to take home. Then, meet the special animals that utilize this important ecosystem.
- Gator Tales (prek-1st) It’s story time! During this program you will read a story about some native animals. After the story we will have a short lesson and then meet the animals that starred in it!
- Swamp Chomp (1st-5th) Herbivores, Carnivores, Omnivores oh my! Let’s talk about what our Louisiana animals eat. We will discuss different diets and how animals are adapted to eat different foods.
- Swamp Slam Dunk (All Ages) Who knew learning could be so fun? This game show styled assembly program will teach students about the adaptions our native animals have. Students will compete in different and exciting challenges while meeting native animals throughout the show.
For additional questions about Wetland Express or if you are looking for something specific, call (504) 378-2639 or email us.
Quest for the Coast presented by Chevron
Download the Pelicans Mobile app featuring a fun and engaging game to educate users about the coastal issues affecting not only New Orleans and Louisiana, but the entire Gulf South.