L. Ronald Forman, President and Chief Executive Officer
A past president of the American Zoo and Aquarium Association, Ron Forman began his tenure with Audubon Park and Zoological Garden in 1972 as City Hall liaison. Made Deputy Director in 1973 and Executive Director in 1977, the major transformation of Audubon Zoo from an "urban ghetto" to an "urban Eden" was underway.
Today, Ron Forman oversees a family of attractions and facilities that make up the dynamic Audubon Nature Institute, leading a staff of 600 people in the Audubon mission of conservation and education.
Forman serves locally on the New Orleans Business Council, is Chairman of the Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District and the Immediate Past Chairman of the New Orleans Metropolitan Convention & Visitors Bureau. A past member of the Board of Directors of the American Association of Museums, he is also on the Advisory Committee of Chimp Haven.
Read more about Ron Forman
Audubon Nature Institute Senior Staff:
- Ron Forman—President and Chief Executive Officer
- Bill Kurtz—Senior Executive Vice President and Chief of Staff
- Larry Rivarde—Executive Vice President and Managing Director, Zoo and Park
- Laurie Conkerton—Executive Vice President for Development
- Richard Buchsbaum—Vice President of Food & Beverage and Special Events
- Clyde Butler—Senior Vice President of Construction
- Joel Hamilton—Vice President and General Curator
- Steve Dorand -Senior Vice President of Design & Exhibitry
- Chimene Grant—Vice President of Marketing
- John Hewitt—Senior Vice President/Director of Animal Husbandry
- Debra McGuire—Vice President/Gift Shops
- Toni Mobley—Vice President of Human Resources
- David Niebuhr—Vice President of Education
- Rich Toth - Acting Managing Director, Downtown Facilities