Copyright © 2013 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 email@example.com
Adult Volunteer Opportunities and Training
Audubon Zoo is an internationally acclaimed facility dedicated to conservation and environmental education. Volunteering at the Zoo helps provide world class care for Audubon Zoo's amazing animal collection and teaches the public how to become better stewards of their environment.
Adult volunteers will be able to work with exotic and native wildlife while assisting Audubon's expert animal keepers, animal trainers, zoo educators and horticulture staff.
To become an Adult volunteer at Audubon Zoo, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Take a Tuberculosis PPD test - results must prove negative
- Have a pre-training interview with the volunteer coordinator
- Complete a 12 week training course
- Pay a $75 course fee to cover training and uniform expenses
- Agree to work a minimum of one 4-hour shift per week
- Volunteer for a minimum of 6 consecutive months
We are currently taking applications for the Fall 2013 Volunteer Training Class. 2013 Fall Volunteer Orientation will beSaturday, August 31, 2013. This is a three-month training program and is only offered twice a year (spring and fall). Before attending the Volunteer Training Class, please complete an application. Apply online or contact the Zoo's Adult Volunteer Coordinator by email or at (504) 212-5377 with questions.