Copyright © 2009 Audubon Nature Institute P.O. Box 4327 New Orleans, LA 70178 (504) 861-2537 firstname.lastname@example.org
New and Improved Adventures
- Audubon Aquarium of the Americas opened Parakeet Pointe on March 25, 2011. Hundreds of free-flight parakeets surround visitors in a specially-designed 800 square-foot outdoor environment that encourages up-close encounters—including a chance to feed the birds with veterinarian-approved seed sticks.
- The Aquarium also opened Ghosts of the Wetlands, Audubon's newest traveling exhibit, featuring wetland wonders such as Audubon's two juvenile white alligators! After a successful run the exhibit closed in 2012. It will soon teach museum visitors around the country about the importance of Louisiana’s wetlands.
- Entergy IMAX® Theatre upgraded its projector system, allowing Audubon to augment its educational offerings with feature-length films. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows II in 3D, Polar Express and Happy Feet Two 3D Experience brought excitement to the theater’s gigantic 5½-story screen.
- Audubon Zoo debuted Cool Zoo on April 1, 2011. This wild and wet splash park became an instant summer hit. It features jumping water spouts, a huge alligator water slide, a spider monkey soaker and water-spitting snakes. Shaded seating, family restrooms, a concession stand and The Cool Shop provide everything needed for fun in the sun.
- Audubon's Dinosaur Adventure reopened on March 19 at the Zoo with all new dinosaurs and a fresh journey into prehistoric times.